 Robotics / NXT / 1011 (-10)
  Hi-speed port communication

I've been getting a number of emails from some people who want to know how to use the hi-speed RS-485 port 4 functionality in the NXT using the standard firmware. With John Barnes' help I now know how to get it to work correctly. Here is a simple (...) (16 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: designing new NXT parts (propeller and motor) using rapid prototyping

(...) Indeed, this 180mA limitation is the one of the 4.3V power supply, that feeds the sensors and the motor position encoders. The motors themselves can receive a much higher current, limited by their own thermal protection and by the maximum (...) (17 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT iterate files

I wrote some NXC code that runs on the enhanced NBC/NXC firmware. It demonstrates how to iterate files on the filesystem. Let me know if you have any questions. John Hansen #define LOADER_HANDLE(_x) (_x&0xff) #define LOADER_ERR_BYTE(_x) (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXC problem

(...) Remove the #include "NXCDefs.h" line since recent versions of the compiler do not require that you explicitly include this file. Make sure you are running the latest BricxCC and NBC/NXC compiler. The lastest version of the compiler is (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: designing new NXT parts (propeller and motor) using rapid prototyping

(...) Nice looking parts! One of those times I wish I had a access to such equipment. (...) A nice idea, and well-written. There are a few interesting points that I thought of while reading through it. First, you mention the NXT limits the total (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  designing new NXT parts (propeller and motor) using rapid prototyping

Dear all, For those interested, I have been exploring the use of rapid prototyping technology in building new parts for the NXT. I attempted to build a propeller brick in combination with a more powerful motor. Read my results on (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXC problem

I've tried to install Bricx and NXC but when I try to compile a simple program I get an error like "Unable to find include file: "NXCDefs.h". I figure I probably just have something configured incorrectly but can't find any guidance as to what I (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: recharging NXT battery block with DC adapter?

(...) The reason asking is that sometimes we send teams of students to a country with different voltage in the outlet, i.e. 110V instead of 220V, and the LEGO adapter accepts 220V, but not 110V. However, we have a DC adapter that accepts both 110V (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT, Bluetooth, and Palm

Ok, so after 7 years of using my faithful Palm Vx, syncing it to my Kubuntu Linux machine at work put something on it to make it fatally crash every time I ran the calendar. Seeing as this was the most important function of the Palm, I decided it (...) (17 years ago, 18-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.palm)

  Colour Sensor

Which command do I use to initialise my Hitechnic colour sensor under NXC on the NXT? Thanks Steve (17 years ago, 18-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact