 Robotics / NXT / *623 (-20)
  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) That's great news, David. I'm glad that you are having success using the new CommExecuteFunction system call. I haven't had a chance to test it at all yet personally but I was very confident that it would just work seeing as how exposing it (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: "Advanced" palette guide for Robolab 2.9.2 ?

(...) You may want to check out the RoboBooks here: (URL) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: "Advanced" palette guide for Robolab 2.9.2 ?

I have difficult in locating manual for some sort of guide for the new functions such as: - "Detective" under the "Projects" menu bar - Icons in the "Advanced" Palette. Well, I'm sure I can play with it and find out how to use it. However, a guide (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

"John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JF0sGr.M2w@lugnet.com... (...) implement (...) big snip Great job John. And thank you especially for CommExecuteFunction. I couldn't believe that Lego didn't allow a way to make a Bluetooth (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Edu NXT #9797 Inventory count

Have you ever heard the story of the Grandma who wanted a new washing machine? Grandpa was a such a good repairman, that he kept the old machine going, and going, and going. Finally, Grandma got an idea. While Grandpa had the machine stripped down (...) (18 years ago, 23-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Memory Level NXT-G Block

Here's a block to monitor amount of NXT Flash memory available: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  More firmware enhancements

I have implemented OP_WAIT and a variant of OP_WAIT which takes a variable rather than an immediate numeric value (which in nbc is called "waitv"). I also modified NBC to accept a command line switch that tells it whether the firmware supports waits (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) Yeah, I know. My command line parameter parsing code is pretty yucky. :-) John (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) Unix nerds would say it shouldn't be there in the first place ;) ROSCO (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Brian Davis wrote: ... (...) Not too sure about NBC (I'd classify for clueless newbie too), but if you didn't see it already, there is also a tool you might find handy if you happen to have bluetooth on your Mac: (URL) It (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) I accidentally left off the "=" after -I. ./nbc -I=/usr/local/include program.nxc -O=program.rxe Sorry about that. John Hansen (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) Here's a really simple way to use NBC/NXC on a Mac: (URL) you want to execute the compiler yourself then you just open a terminal window, change directory to your source code path, and execute nbc like this: nbc program.nbc -O=program.rxe or (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

Assume I'm an idiot. As many will tell you here, this is at many times a reasonably safe assumption. Yes, I know who you are, stop snickering. How do I work NBC/NXC under OSX? When I download the latest package and double-click the app, it opens the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Faster NXT LCD Screen Refresh

(...) Okay, there's a little more to it than this. If you have a display that supports greyscales, it can control the level of the voltage jolt that's applied to each pixel during the actual refresh cycle. That way you get a smoother display with (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, FTX)

  Re: Faster NXT LCD Screen Refresh

(...) So that is how you did it. I was wondering about this ever since I saw the announcement. Incidentally, this would have been great cross posted to .color as well. <</robotics/nxt/?n=539>> Doug (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, FTX)

  Re: Faster NXT LCD Screen Refresh

(...) This kind of works. In the first instance, you get two identical shades of grey. In the second instance (and I've tried this) you'd be surprised to see that the difference in shades between the two greys is actually very small. You really need (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Faster NXT LCD Screen Refresh

(...) I already got one shade of grey out of it by flicking between two images at the current rate: (URL) I use all those spare cycles to mix and merge screen layers in real time, so this image has full parallax scrolling. I've been trying to do (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, FTX)

  Re: Faster NXT LCD Screen Refresh

(...) <snip> (...) This is really interesting. If I understand correctly, to get colors, or at least shades of grey, you have to refresh the screen quickly and the "darker" the pixel, the more often it shows up in the pattern. For example, let's say (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Adding syscalls/opcodes to NXT-G

(...) John - I know you don't like this and I agree that the best solution is NI changing their compiler to allow extending firmware with new syscalls. The way things work, I'm afraid, this will not happen anytime soon. I'm trying to suggest (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Faster NXT LCD Screen Refresh

Here's a trick to get a faster rate on the LCD display refresh. It currently takes 16 milliseconds to refresh the NXT LCD. 16 "messages" are sent to the LCD. One message is sent per millisecond. There are two messages from the ARM to the LCD for (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact