 Robotics / NXT / *53 (-20)
  Re: Grööving Röböt

(...) Give Firefox a try! (18 years ago, 5-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT avaliable in London

Hi, Anybody knows if the NXT will be avaliable in London by October? I will be there from day 1 to 7, and I will go to Legoland and Hamleys, But i could not figure if they have it for sell yet. TIA Patrick (18 years ago, 5-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Inventory Checklist for Classrooms

(...) Got it! Thanks. (18 years ago, 4-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Inventory Checklist for Classrooms

(...) I made some inventory sheets for some designer sets by highlighting the WHOLE table/list from peeron, copying & pasting into Microsoft Word, then deleting the unwanted coulumns, etc. I believe the document needs the internet connection to open (...) (18 years ago, 4-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Inventory Checklist for Classrooms

The "inventory" picture on the NXT inside box cover nor the one in the pamphlet are not suitable for classroom use. Is there a lazy way of taking the peeron inventory with pictures (URL) and making an inventory sheet? (18 years ago, 4-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  CBS (Clicking Brick Syndrome) Patch availible

For those of you that have come down with the crippling "Clicking Brick Syndrome", it seems that there may finally be a fix availible. Take a look at: (URL) you had this problem during a firmware update, please try this and post the results. (18 years ago, 3-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: NXT Motors -- Speed vs Power Level

(...) I've done the same measurements/plots and found same linearity when 'brake' on inactive PWM cycles is used. Not so good when 'float' is used. This leads to a conundrum that I simply can't explain. If you use 'inactive brake' mode the motors (...) (18 years ago, 3-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Motors -- Speed vs Power Level

I tried to plot power levels vs angular speed (in rad/s) and discovered goooood linearity ( remember how non-linear was RCX PWM)? The PID loop is a great idea, and I suppose that PID parameters should be tweakable. In SDK or HDK ( don't remember (...) (18 years ago, 3-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Ruby NXT Bluetooth Data Logger

I wrote a simple ruby script to listen for messages sent via bluetooth: (URL) is comma delimited - timestamp, mailbox message was sent to, message like: Thu Aug 03 00:27:18 EDT 2006,1,"Chunky Robotic Bacon!" Thu Aug 03 00:28:20 EDT 2006,1,"true" Thu (...) (18 years ago, 3-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT -> OSX Bluetooth Serial Connection

Oops! Thanks for letting me know. Should be renewed now and working hopefully! (...) (18 years ago, 2-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Your domain name has expired as of 7/27 Bob "Tony Buser" <tbuser+lugnet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:J3Csu0.4xA@lugnet.com... (...) (18 years ago, 2-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT -> OSX Bluetooth Serial Connection

In case anyone is interested, I figured out how to communicate via a bluetooth serial connection in OSX. The tricky part was figuring out that you have to create an incoming serial port device under Sharing in Bluetooth Preferences, open that (...) (18 years ago, 2-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Bluetooth on Intel Based Macs

(...) Unfortunately no. NXT-G is currently a PPC app so it has to run under rosetta. Bluetooth is unavailable to apps running under rosetta. You can connect to it via bluetooth outside of NXT-G though if you write a program to communicate with it (...) (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Developer Kits released!

As prior LEGO press releases (URL) have stated>, the NXT developer kits would be available in August. And here they are! (URL) Software Developer Kit (SDK) Includes the NXT driver interface specification and necessary tools for creating third-party (...) (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  NXT Bluetooth on Intel Based Macs

Has anyone got their NXT to work on one of the "new" Intel based Mac systems using the OSX operating system? Out of the box, I've heard NXT-G only supports USB connections on Intel Macs. But through standard OSX functionality you're able to set up a (...) (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Community challenge

NXTasy.org initiated a community challenge - throwing the blue ball from the NXT set, using only LEGO parts (no rubber bands, springs etc.). Prizes would be awarded to the best 5 robots. Details can be found in www.nxtasy.org website. (18 years ago, 1-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest '06

There has not been a great deal of public discussion about having a Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest '06, but there WILL be a GBC at BF06. If you missed your chance last year, when we had almost fifty modules, now is the time to start building. (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  NXT Motors -- Speed vs Power Level

An explanation of when to use and when not to use the new NXT motor speed control option. The RCX supports only a motor power level control where the input is the percentage of time that power should be applied to the motor. The NXT supports not (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  lugnet.robotics.nxt Curatorship

Since I was the person to (URL) this newsgroup's creation>, I'd like to take it on its curatorship. I don't know if it's something I'd like to do for several years, but getting it started is important. I was thinking the other day of volunteering (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.admin.curators, FTX)

  wav2rso utility

As some of you may know I have written a utility which can convert between wav files and rso (NXT sound) files. In response to an urgent call for help a couple days ago I went ahead and extended that utility so that it can convert either direction (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact