 Robotics / Micro Scout / 18 (-5)
  Re: Droid Developer Kit worthwhile?

Well, I give my thanks to you guys for sharing your honest opinion of a set. I was a bit leery of getting this set as the elements are all built-in and you are not able to rearrange anything to your liking. I've decided that for my money, I'm best (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Fiber-optic connection between Scout & MicroScout

An observation... It is well-documented that the Scout can communicate with the Micro Scout using its red-light emmiter. The optic fibers transmit light quite well for this purpose with one drawback - only one end of the fiber has a connector. I've (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Droid Developer Kit worthwhile?

The Droid developer kit certainly isnt worth it if you are a avid mindstorms user. It is desinged for younger children (officaly 9-12, but some 7 or 8 year old could do fine with it). For this it is a perfect set, easy to use and build but (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Droid Developer Kit worthwhile?

(...) The DDK is very disappointing. In my mind it marks a low-point in LEGO's consumer understanding - and the "Mindstorms" branding. The expansion sets were over-priced and under-delivered on their (our) expectations for the RIS, but the DDK is (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Droid Developer Kit worthwhile?

Are these prices valid currently (the clearance ones)? Dan "Ben Jackson" <ben@ben.com> wrote in message news:Fox1Jz.2rL@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) thought (...) less. (...) even (...) want. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact