 Robotics / Handy Board / 8636
8635  |  8637
Subject:
max 232 ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:49:31 GMT

I,m in the begining stages od building my handyboard kit. But I seem to be
having trouble with the charger card. It was while doing the testing for the
max232 serial ic. At first all the test seemed to do okay. Pin#2 was at
9.6v, pin#6 was at -9.7v. And then when asked to jump pin#2 of (j9) to pin#6
of the max232. All went well, as it light up just fine. But when asked to
jump pin#6 to pin#10, things seemed to fall off. I'm not sure what happened
exactly, but I belive that a pin or two might have crossed while I was
trying to jump the two pins. Anyway the power led went out, then back on.
And the voltage fell 2.9v at pin#10. When I began to check all the other
pins, I found that they are now all at a lower rate than they should be.
Pin#2 is now at 2.9v, pin#6b is at .978v, and pin #10 is also at 2.9v.
  So I guess what I am wondering is if the chip is fried, or could it be
something else? Well guess that's it. thank you, Duane Ribron