 Robotics / Handy Board / 86
Re: My handyboard does not run.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:06:23 GMT

dlm is apparently having trouble.  you've got the right COM port
because it's able to get through the first phase of the download (the
dots and dashes bootstrap).

someone else had problems using dlm on a pentium.  it's an aging dos
program and i wouldn't be suprised if it has trouble running in a
windows shell or other modern environments.

you can try using motorola's pcbug342 to download the pcode_hb.s19
file.  also, if it is not too inconvenient, would you try any other
pc's around.

it is unlikely the board itself is to blame.

-f

In your message you said:
Dear Master of HB,

I bought a handy board made by Gleason Research (complete set), and
connect RS232C cable to my PC. After I put the board into download mode,
I put the command "a:> dlm pcode_hb." However, I found the following
message on the screen and I could not see anything but blank characters
on the LCD of the board.

I'd really appreciate if you let me know how to debug and fix this
problem.

Best regards,

Kazuyoshi Inoue

Downloading eeprom loader to RAM at 1200baud.....
-----

512 total bytes (boot loader done)
Synchronizing with board...ok
Sending pcode_hb.s19 at 9600 baud
Board memory error: wanted 00, got 3e at address 8000
Board synchronization error.