 Robotics / Handy Board / 8521
  Reset & running Main ( )

Dear "Group", ....what are we? Lugnetters? Lugheads? Lugnuts? Regardless, I need some guidance on getting my Handyboard to run a downloaded Main( ) program upon powerup/reset. Here are some facts regarding my problem. 1. The Handyboard downloads the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

John, Can you post a copy of your "Main()" file to the following site: (URL) will have to sign up with a yahoo account, but it is a lot easier to deal with code problems and board problems on that forum. -Dan (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

John, a couple things. 1. when you quit and restart IC, it forgets what programs you may have loaded into the HB. so that explains your #4 case below. 2. IC has its own way of storing vectors for user code like your main() program, so you should not (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

Fred, Thanks for the very prompt response. Your responses to queries on this board continue to provide very useful insights. With respect to your response #1, it is helpful to know that "list files" does not actually read the Handy Board and is (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

I wonder if it's because you've capitalized "Main()". C is case sensitive so main != Main. try it making your main program lower case and see if that works. Fred (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

Fred, I double-checked, and my " main() " program (filename: jrm1.c) is all lower case letters. I confirmed case sensitivity by trying to call the " main() " file (filename: jrm1.c) which has been downloaded to the HB by typing " Main() " on the PC. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

Well, at this point I'm out of ideas. Would you please copy and paste your jrm1.c file into an email message and send that to the list. (LUGNET strips attachments, so it has to be plain text body of the msg.) thanks, Fred (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

Fred, Man, do you ever sleep? I hope you know how much your support is appreciated. Here is a copy of my jrm1.c file. Just a reminder, if I type " main() " in the IC window on my PC, this file executes flawlessly. Thanks, John /* filename: jrm1.c (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

Try taking the white space out from between the "main" and the "()" -Dan (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

John, I just loaded up your version of the code you posted, It worked fine on reset. I took out the white space just to see, and it worked fine too! I would say that your memory is bad or the lm2931 -5 is bad. Something is causing total reset (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

Dan, Thank you for the suggestions. Like you, I tried removing the white space(s) and it did not help. Yesterday, I installed a new memory chip and a new 68HC11.....same problem. I may be overlooking something, but I don't think I'm getting a total (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

Man I hate this forum! Sorry, It's just a pain in the #@* to go through all the rigamarole every time you reply to something here. Anyway, I have a couple other thoughts on this subject. What is the exact (entire) 68HC11 number on the chip? The HB (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running main( )

Dan, My 68HC11 chip has the following numbers: TMP68HC11A1T-3 and is, in fact, labeled TOSHIBA. I have two of these chips and I've tried both of them with exactly the same result. I've also changed the RAM chip, reloaded everything and no change. My (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Reset & running main( )

John, I have 105 of the Toshiba 68HC11's, and I use them in all sorts of products with great results. I don't think the chip is the problem either. It's begining to look like the pcode, I take it that you have the full new version. I have never (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)