 Robotics / Handy Board / 842
Re: Motor LEDs not illuminated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 20:20:51 GMT

Hi Greg,

Maybe you swapped the HC374 chip and the HC244 that sits next to it?
Maybe the HC374 is in backward?  Just my two cents - hope that helps.

- Prabal

In building a Handyboard, all was well until the Motor Output Circuit.
When running testmotor() none of LED1-8 illuminate.  The LED polarity is
correct, the debuggin steps in the manual seem to check out.

I've built a 6.270 board successfully before so I _think_ I know what I'm
doing, but I'd sure appreciate any suggestions!

* Greg Starr, Professor and Graduate Advisor                    *
* Department of Mechanical Engineering        ph (505) 277-6298 *
* University of New Mexico, Albuquerque NM 87131   FAX 277-1571 *
* email- starr@unm.edu  WWW- http://pliers.unm.edu/~starr/      *