 Robotics / Handy Board / 8258
  Sonar and the expansion board.

I am having quite a problem with getting the proper readings from the sonar. Here is a little background on what I have tried. I have a total of four driver boards and four sonar modules. I have soldered on the non-polarized tantalum 0.1uF (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sonar and the expansion board.

Hi, Try some of these techniques from the sites list here and see what you get. If you still get the errors in readings then you should assume that there is a problem with the board. Fortunately all chips on the board are replaceable and there is a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sonar and the expansion board.

Nick.. I have exactly the same problem.. I couldn't even get the 'clicking' to start with and the chips on the sonar board got a little warm. I then have fitted the diodes in series with the power to the sonar board (connector pin 9) and added a 1K (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)