 Robotics / Handy Board / 8231
8230  |  8232
Subject:
Basic assembler and downloader question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 05:45:51 GMT

Hello All,

I recently completed assembly of my Handyboard and now I'm excited to be
moving into the coding realm (which is more my area).  I was able to get
Interactive C to communicate with the board.

However, given my nature of wanting to understand things more fully before
enjoying myself, I decided to write some simple assembly code to mimic the
part of the IR test done during the assembly of the handyboard ( poke(1000,
0x40) or something like that) that essentially turned on the IR LED.

I coded up this simple .asm file and compiled it using the Motorola
assembler (as11.exe)

ORG $8000
LDAA #$40h
STAA $1000
ORG $FFFE
FDB $8000

I then ran dlm (in DOS mode as hbdl has not worked at all for me) using this
command line:

dlm irtest.s19 -256

Everything seems to download fine but I get some error messages at the end
of the dlm run such as the ones that follow:

Board memory error:  wanted 86, got 3e at address 8000
Board memory error:  wanted 40, got 86 at address 8001
etc...(3 more similar errors)

The 86 and 40 are the opcodes for what should be at those addresses and it
would seem that dlm is checking to make sure they are there but they are not.

Obviously the IR LED never comes on like I want it to.  Can someone please
tell me if my error is in my irtest.asm file listing I gave or in my usage
of dlm.

Thanks in advance,

Brian