 Robotics / Handy Board / 8233
Re: Basic assembler and downloader question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 04:20:16 GMT

ORG $8000
LDAA #$40h
STAA $1000
ORG $FFFE
FDB $8000
Board memory error:  wanted 86, got 3e at address 8000
Board memory error:  wanted 40, got 86 at address 8001
etc...(3 more similar errors)

The first thing that occurs to me is this: are you sure that $8000 is
a valid ROM/EPROM/EEPROM address?

I would suspect that is the problem. I'm taking an educated guess
though, since I'm not familliar with the software you are testing it
with.  I note from my MC68HC11 Reference Manual that some versions of
the 68HC11 can have the EEPROM remapped and some, like the A8, have it
fixed between $B600-$B60F. Your ORG value should be set at the start
of wherever the EEPROM is mapped in your device. Anything else will
produce the results you've got - namely program verification failures.

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ