 Robotics / Handy Board / 8230
Re: Rug Warrior with Interactive C
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:20:59 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Johan Schalkwyk writes:
I am working the the Rug Warrior platform running IC. I want to implement
learning algorithms and then "upload" the learning parameters to my host
computer. I need this both to debug the algorithms and also store the
current learning state of the robot when I change batteries, or need
to reset.

Can anyone give me some hints on getting my robot to talk back, instead
of just downloading code.

You'll find the necessary files here :

http://handyboard.com/software/contrib/drushel/

There is the file serialio.c .
In this file there is a function called disable_pcode_serial ().
This does (who wonders) disable the pcode download mode on the Handy (even
6.270) board. Now you can use the functions serial_putchar(int c) and
serial_getchar () for a serial link to your host.
It is important to switch back to the download pcode mode after doing your
serial communication. (enable_pcode_serial ())
If you don't you can't download the next program using Interactive C and
have to reset the board and download pcode again.

Pay attention to the notes in that file !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainer

(We had some problems with the serial link but we're not sure if the
problems were on 6.270 (little brother of handy) board or the atmel
controller we were talking with. Try it !)