 Robotics / Handy Board / 82
81  |  83
Subject:
Sony IR Transmission Routine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 16:54:24 GMT

OK, so now we can send and recieve sony IR transmissions. This is so totally
cool I just can't believe it.

But you know what would make it at least 10E23 times better? If I could
re-direct IC so as to not use the serial port, but to use the IR port instead.
Why? Because everytime I remove or connect the phone cable into my HB while IC
is running, it crashes the board. So I have to restart the board a whole lot.
Every time I test my program, I need to remove the serial cable. Then, after
I've finished seeing if the latest tweak (or frob) has worked, I have to
re-connect the serial cable and re-start the HB. No fun.

But if it were all via IR? Now that would be slick. Wouldn't it be pretty
trivial to re-compile the pcode such that cout and cin (or whatever they're
called) use the IR routines we now have instead of the serial port?

*Brian Schmalz, filled with good ideas to take up other's time. ;-)
|               Brian Schmalz              |
|             Lawrence University          |
|                Appleton, WI              |
|        Brian.P.Schmalz@Lawrence.edu      |
| http://ellen.acad.lawrence.edu/~schmalzb |
|            ftp://143.44.104.32           |