 Robotics / Handy Board / 8171
8170  |  8172
Subject:
handy board serial port
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 07:50:34 GMT

Hi

In regards with programming the serial port to talk to a mouse, if i only
want to use the existing baud rate and settings to talk to a modem, can it
be done?

Do I still need to reprogram the HC11 chip? I only need 9600,n,8,1 settings
which i assume is the current configuration on the handyboard.

Is there any other things that I need to change?

I have already crossed the RD and TD signals and also generated a +5V on the
DTR. What other pins must I "twigged"?

Please HELP me!!! Urgggh!

Thanx

mich
PS: I am only a software programmer, not an electronic guru. Please explain
in simple terms. Thanks.