 Robotics / Handy Board / 8129
Re: Sorry ~ and a question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 00:24:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Gary Livick writes:
Steve,
You might try this.  It is Karl Lunt's SBasic for the HC11.  I haven't used it,
but a lot of people swear by it.

http://www.seanet.com/~karllunt/sbasic.htm

Good Luck,

Gary Livick

Is there a program that will allow you to write and upload Basic programs to
the HB ~ something Sim. to that used by the Basic Stamp???

I am new to "C" ~ and I still haven't mastered it enough to do all the things
that I can using Basic and the Basic Stamp.

The Basic language I have used for 17 years now ~ and have used in projects
with the PIC of the Basic Stamp many times for class projects.

  I've used Karl's sbasic a LOT on a Marvin Green Botboard 2 with great
results.  Its Basic, plain and simple.  Which means its pretty verbose, C
is a bit cleaner, but to each their own.
  I have a Miniboard that I use the freeware ICC11 with and I love it, I have
yet to find a W95 downloader that works with it so I have to live with DOS,
but, what do you want for nothing?  Anyway, Karl's sbasic should be the toy
for you if you want Basic.  Go for it.

IMO,
DLC