 Robotics / Handy Board / 7831
    how many servos on handyboard? —Victor Tudor
   I'd like to know how many servos the handy board can control. On the FAQ it says 2, in the documentation it says 4 DC motors. what's the deal? (am I stupid? I'm new at this) also, when you plug an expansion board, do you get 6 EXTRA servos? or those (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: how many servos on handyboard? —Will Bain
     (...) The deal is this: Servos are different from plain old DC motors. They have gearing and position control circuitry built in. There are four DC motor ports on the basic HB, but no ready-made servo ports. The dual servo routine described on the (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: how many servos on handyboard? —Charles Hacker
     The base Handy Board is designed to control 4 DC motors. The DC motor output ports CAN be used to control 4 (four) stepper motors. Remember that a stepper motor needs a square wave pulse continually sent to the motor for operation, and the mark / (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: how many servos on handyboard? —Martin Ziegler
   (...) Hi If you use the expansion board, you will loose analog input 0 und 1. These two inputs are multiplexed on the exp board, so you get some more analog ports. -Martin (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)