 Robotics / Handy Board / 7831
  how many servos on handyboard?

I'd like to know how many servos the handy board can control. On the FAQ it says 2, in the documentation it says 4 DC motors. what's the deal? (am I stupid? I'm new at this) also, when you plug an expansion board, do you get 6 EXTRA servos? or those (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: how many servos on handyboard?

(...) The deal is this: Servos are different from plain old DC motors. They have gearing and position control circuitry built in. There are four DC motor ports on the basic HB, but no ready-made servo ports. The dual servo routine described on the (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: how many servos on handyboard?

The base Handy Board is designed to control 4 DC motors. The DC motor output ports CAN be used to control 4 (four) stepper motors. Remember that a stepper motor needs a square wave pulse continually sent to the motor for operation, and the mark / (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: how many servos on handyboard?

(...) Hi If you use the expansion board, you will loose analog input 0 und 1. These two inputs are multiplexed on the exp board, so you get some more analog ports. -Martin (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)