 Robotics / Handy Board / 7748
Re: About HAndy board and PIC... last one
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:36:24 GMT

Oh, one more thing.  I got my Handyboard from Patrick Hui/The Robot Store at
Hong Kong. http://www.robotstorehk.com/  It is a little cheaper than Gleason
Research.  Ok, I will say no more....

--

                                                            Ray

Du Toit, Francois (SEB IS FDP Developers) <handyboard@media.mit.edu> wrote
in message
I have read od a newsgroup of robotics that you
have build a robot with the Handy Board with a PIC.

What advcie can you give me . I have to start from scrath .
What I need to buy Handy Board + (what componets+tools??) to
build a soccer player ect..?? I do not have any electrical hobby
material or books or hardware or tools.  I'm a programmer so
I do now about programming.

What is difference between PIC and 6811. Is 6811 just a
number of a processor like intel 486+pentium ect.. differ
by name and architecture?? OR is PIC and 6811 different kind
of components??

I'm from South Africa and for me to buy these
kits or boards I have to buy through internet. It will also cost me 7 times
the price you will pay.    As I'm new to this and
I don't have lots of money to spend and then just to realize the package
is to limited to expand or used in futre advanced techniques.

I'm intersted in learning from scratch as well as have  a board that
can exapnd when I'm a more advanced user/programmer of the PIC.

Which of the boards are best to start with and are most expandable??
Can I build a Soccer player with Handy Board ?? or
must I buy lots of additional componets to do the same thing with Handy
How much one will spend on componets to build a SportKit?? ect..

How does the processor from the different above boards compare ?? Which have
the most
power and programmability??

I have some other questions as well. I have seen books publisehed how to
program
the PIC ?? Does that mean it's related to any microcontroller boards in
general or
only ones from MICROCHIP and related ones?? If I learn to program a handy
board-
6270 can one use below books on these boards too??

The books seems very good all titles I have read on site HVW electrical
http://www.hvwtech.com/books.htm#micros

Title: PIC'n Up The Pace  (PIC 16/17 Microcontroller Application Guide)