 Robotics / Handy Board / 7741
    DC motor question —Patrick Cutts
   Hi, I am using DC Motors for the first time (previously used stepper motors) and have been experiencing difficulties when first powering on the handyboard. When I first turn on the power, occasionally the motors start up at full speed for no (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: DC motor question —Dennis Clark
   (...) [snip] (...) Bingo. Put .1uf caps (rated at least 4X your max voltage) from the (+) pole to the can, from the (-) pole to the can and from the (+) to the (-) pole. Keep your leads as short as possible. Put a big cap (1000uf+) on the power (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)