 Robotics / Handy Board / 7741
7740  |  7742
Subject:
DC motor question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 02:23:25 GMT

Hi,
I am using DC Motors for the first time (previously used stepper motors) and
have been experiencing difficulties when first powering on the handyboard.

When I first turn on the power, occasionally the motors start up at full
speed for no apparent reason.  This happens about every third time I power
on.

I am wondering if this is caused by some kind of motor/handyboard
interference, and if putting a filter cap across the leads of the motors
will help.  (and if so, what size/type of capacitor?)

Can anybody help me shed some light on this?  it's really causing some
problems, as I am using plastic gears and they tend to break at full
throttle.

Thanks,
-patrick