 Robotics / Handy Board / 7729
Re: Textbook
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:58:27 GMT

Hi.  Here's a recommendation:

Artificial Intelligence and Mobile Robots
Edited by: D. Kortenkamp (NASA), P. Bonasso (NASA), and R. Murphy (U.
South Florida)
MIT Press (1998)

This book is a collection of research papers and editorial essays.  It is
not introductory, but would be apropriate for students who have had some
AI  or robotics.  It is divided into three sections:  1) Mapping and
Navigation, 2) Vision for Mobile Robots, 3) Mobile Robot Architectures.
Each paper is a case study of a successfully implemented robot system.

The book is full of great robotics concepts.  The challenge will be
finding ways to apply these concepts given the strengths and weaknesses of
Lego and the Handy Board.

Good Luck,
Michael