 Robotics / Handy Board / 7704
Re: sharp gp2d12 infrared ranging sensors (fwd)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 04:30:57 GMT

A little known fact is that this does NOT work on inputs 3, or 6.  Cutting the
leads on 1,2,4, or 5 works just fine.  If you cut the traces on 3, or 6, simply
put a solder bridge across the signal and 5V leads to put things back to normal.

If you run testanalogs() in hbtest.c you should see 1,2,4 or 5 floating (taking
on random values).  I have not tried cutting the lead on input 0 so I don't know
how it reacts.

My gp2d12's however, seem to top out at around 130 (as in never reaching 255)
which reduced the resolution of the sensors greatly. Perhaps someone else has a
fix for this?

MLB

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Tae <kim7@cooper.edu> writes:
hi
has anyone successfully used these with the handyboard?
i know that we have to cut the lead from the 47k pull down resistor for
the sensors to work, but once doing that (we confirmed that it was cut
through an ohmmeter) it still doesn't read anything.  any help would be
appreciated.  thanks.

    -Tae