 Robotics / Handy Board / 7687
    Re: Battery Charging Question —Ray Tang
   Hi, Yes, I read that too. But the pack was NiCd, mine is NiMH. According to some people, the charging methods between the two are different. I don't think I can charge NiMH pack like a NiCd pack (or can I??). -- Ray Aaron Dwyer (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Battery Charging Question —Dennis Clark
   (...) It is basically charged the same way and has all of the faults of he NiCd (voltage depression, etc.) but while it has a higher average capacity, it does not have as much current delivery (higher internal resistance.) The cells peak charge in a (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Battery Charging Question —Ray Tang
   Thanks for the tip. I think you are right. I got a NiMH catalogue from Panasonic and it makes some of the same recommendation such as charge rate, etc. It is much like NiCD if you charge the battery "watching the clock". I am planning on building a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)