 Robotics / Handy Board / 7671
Re: Sonar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:06:45 GMT

The hardware is limited to 31.5' (~ 10 meters). The limitation is on the
design of the receive amplifier's gain module (and noise floor). Generally
scaling this to an integer of 32767 results in a precision of just over 1
tenth of an inch (or 1/3 mm). Few robot projects can maneuver either
themselves or an end effector to this tolerance. Thus the size of integers
is usually not a limiting factor in using these devices.

--Chuck