 Robotics / Handy Board / 7670
Re: Sonar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:13:18 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Martin Ziegler writes:
Hi

I've a Polaroid Sonar Ranging Modul. The longest distance I can mesaure is
about 2,7 meters.
In my opinion it's not the hardware, but as the result is an integer, so it
can't be greater than 32768. Right?
Has anybody developed another programm, to measure longer distances?

Thanks

Martin

Martin, I noticed a similar result as well. Maybe someone
else can say for sure, but I seem to remember that there
may be a way to slow down your interrupt counter, so that
it won't overflow (a timer setup register). I don't have
my 'HC11 book with me right now, but look into the section
on timers and interrupts (chapter 10 in the pink book).

Good Luck!

John