 Robotics / Handy Board / 7672
7671  |  7673
Subject:
A few questions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 01:58:39 GMT

Can the motor outputs be used to close a relay instead of running a
motor?  As an example to control a motor that needs 120v AC?  As far as
the inputs go, are the digital inputs for switch type sensors (high or
low value only),  and the analog inputs for photo type sensors where the
value can be anywhere from 0-5 volts?  And the final questio, that is
really most important:  Can I have the program I write for the HB
automatically execute on power up?  i.e.  If the application I am using
it for has the power removed at night, can it start back up again
without assistance when power is reapplied in the morning.  Maybe this
doesn't matter because the battery will charge during the day, and it
will power it through the night?  What I was thinking of doing with the
HB is using it as the brains of a redemption game that we have that has
a defective main board.  It is one of those games where you try and roll
the bowling ball over the hill and have it get stuck in the valley.  All
I need is a few switch inputs, and some motor controls for the gate that
holds the ball, and the ball return mech.  Simple programming too.  If I
can get the digital outputs to pulse the ticket dispenser, that would be
great as well.  If not I could use a motor output to achieve that.  The
only thing is all the breakers to the games get turned off at night.  I
need it to be able to run automatically when it is powered up in the
morning, or else never stop running the program at night when the power
is off.  It wouldn't really have much current drain at night as no one
would be using it.  Thanks for all your help.

Todd