 Robotics / Handy Board / 7667
    Sonar —Martin Ziegler
   Hi I've a Polaroid Sonar Ranging Modul. The longest distance I can mesaure is about 2,7 meters. In my opinion it's not the hardware, but as the result is an integer, so it can't be greater than 32768. Right? Has anybody developed another programm, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Sonar —Will Bain
     (...) That sounds correct. Someone else asked about that last year. Try searching the mailing list archives. The problem is not just that the result is an integer, but that it's a signed integer. You effectively only get 15 bits of information out (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Sonar —John Wynne
     (...) Martin, I noticed a similar result as well. Maybe someone else can say for sure, but I seem to remember that there may be a way to slow down your interrupt counter, so that it won't overflow (a timer setup register). I don't have my 'HC11 book (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Sonar —Chuck McManis
   The hardware is limited to 31.5' (~ 10 meters). The limitation is on the design of the receive amplifier's gain module (and noise floor). Generally scaling this to an integer of 32767 results in a precision of just over 1 tenth of an inch (or 1/3 (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)