 Robotics / Handy Board / 7518
Re: Exp. board Servo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:01:31 GMT

From the "Expansion board software" homepage, it said that servo0=(value) is
used to control the servo, may i ask how can i convert this value to "degree" ?
i.e. if i want to turn the servo to 0 deg, 30 deg, 60 deg...etc.. what value
should I input ?? Thanks for your help...

Well, since it seems these values often vary from servo to servo I usually
set them by using the knob function and scaling it down so I can visually
see the numbers I'm putting into it and the result on the servo; turning
it until it chatters one way and then the others and keeping track of the
numbers.

For example make it read

while(1){
servo1=(knob() * 11)//approx. to scale to ~3000 which it says is the max
value
}
you can send this value to the screen with printf() and it's pretty easy

This may at least give you some idea of what values you need in there. The
knob() is great for figuring out all kinds of things like this.  When you
aren't sure of the values your getting back.

Good luck,

-Jim Munro
<jimmn@xnet.com>