 Robotics / Handy Board / 7492
  KIPR Kit

Is anyone else using the Mobile Robot Development Kit from the KISS Institute? I was curious to see how other people had mounted the break beam sensors which come in the kit onto LEGO pieces. I've been having a lot of trouble getting them aligned (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: KIPR Kit

Hi, In the kit you will find a number of pulleys about 1 inch in diameter. These are narrow enough to fit through the sensor. They have six holes in them and if they are on an axle, will give you 12 pulses per revolution - 2 pulses per hole. One (...) (25 years ago, 26-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: KIPR Kit

(...) These are what I also have been trying to use to break the beam, they seem to be the best choice. My question was more about how you mounted the sensor. I'm curious to know what piece people had glued the sensor to, and to see if they used (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: KIPR Kit

Joe, As it turned out, the edge of the pulley was right next to and perpendicular to a long beam piece. We just used hot glue to glue it to the beam and held it in place until the glue dried and had no trouble at all. The pulley can't come out of (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)