 Robotics / Handy Board / 7384
  Re: hexipod walker

COOL! How do you control 8 servos? I have the expansion board and there are only 6 servo connections there. What other port did you use to control the other 2 servo? Or do you use the expansion board at all? I am looking for a way to add two more (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hexipod walker

Have a look a (URL) is my hobby robotics site. Currently I have a Hexwalker running with a HB. The 12 servo's are simply controller by a PIC 16F84. This PIC is controlled by the HB through an async interface. This makes it lightweight on the HB, so (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hexipod walker

Personally I use a Scott Edwards Serial Servo Controller (model 1, there is a new one out now) - SSC. On the handyboard web site is a program to control this serial device from the handyboard, which means you can just set each leg position and let (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hexapod walker

(...) An excellent site Rien! I hope you get the SPO256 code and diagram posted soon. Thanks, - Nick - (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hexipod walker

Thanks for the tip! I am new to this, and I am really anxious to build robot with legs. I don't know much about PIC (yeah, what does that stand for anyway? :-p), but knowing that PIC is what I need, I can at least get start on finding books on (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hexipod walker

where would i get a SSC? (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: hexipod walker

Scott Edwards Electronics web site is: (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)