 Robotics / Handy Board / 7188
  Excessive clutziness when replacing the NiCad battery pack

Hello, everyone: I'm having problems when I replace the HandyBoard's NiCad battery. I have probably replaced around 10 battery packs by now on different HandyBoards. On 4 or 5 of the replacements, I end up having to replace the 74HC373 latch, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Excessive clutziness when replacing the NiCad battery pack

Hello Bill ... Here is what I've done on both of my HandyBoards and it's given good results. Cut the leads between the board and the battery pack and add 2-pin polarized connectors. Good luck and have fun, - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  best HB kit source?

I want to build a handy board kit and am looking for the best source. advice? -Jeff (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: best HB kit source?

Jeff, Check out (URL) They have Handy Board kits, and lots of other things. I work with the owner, Steve Richards, quite often, and they have a first class operation over there. Plus, the price is right. Good luck, Gary Livick (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: best HB kit source?

Check out (URL) luck! (...) ===...=== Kam Leang University of Utah Department of Mechanical Engineering MEB Room 2202 Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 ===...=== (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: best HB kit source?

Hello Jeff, Acroname now sells the HB kit. Looks to be better than Peter Hui's kit, and it includes IC 3.2 in the $220 price. (URL) don't have the expansion board that handles LEGO powered sensors and has servo drivers, but Douglas Elect. has the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)