 Robotics / Handy Board / 7081
  IRPD

Hi, Can somebody point me some web pages for an Infrared Proximity Detector/sensor (IRPD) for the HandyBoard? Thanks Kalyan Kalyan Mulampaka Software Engineer e Information Services ___...___ Ph#: (770) 698 4436 (O) (678) 320 0783 (R) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IRPD

If you check (URL) you will find IRPD's with very narrow detection zones. Those are good for many applications. If you need one with wide coverage just for obstacle avoidance, check (URL) One or the other of those sites should work for you. Gary (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IRPD

(...) I have a PIC based design on my web page: (URL) that will work with any micro. I have parts description and PIC source as well as a crude board layout graphic. This one is fully automated with a left/right/both sensing capability. I also have (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IRPD

Kalyan, Both Marvin Green and Dennis Clark have IRPD kits (fairly cheap) that IMO are much better than the Lynxmotion unit (I have all three). (2 URLs) you get either Marvin's or Dennis' IRPD kit, I can send you PIC source code for either board that (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IRPD

(...) [snip] Hey Nick! Heck, I'd be interested in how you made the noise rejection even better! That is the part I spent the most time on! DLC (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)