 Robotics / Handy Board / 6864
RE: Retrieving data from the handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 03:59:06 GMT

Interactive C can't handle 2D or 3D arrays.... instead another method needs
to be used..

If your matrix was a 3X3

789
456
123

and rows went from bottom to top and columns from left to right

then you'd have to come up with a formula using the row and column numbers
to access each cell

for example in this configuration you can access any of the cells using the
formula

let the row# = j
let the col# = i

total number of rows = J
total number of cols = I

cell# = (j-1)*J+i

or if the matrix is like so

369
258
147

cell# = (i-1)*I+j

I've never tried for a 3D array but assuming that there was a layer on top
of the second matrix shown, with the same pattern...

depth# = k
total depths = K

cell# = (i-1)*I+j+(I*J)*(k-1)

Hope that helps if you can follow the variables....