 Robotics / Handy Board / 6844
RE: tiny gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 00:37:15 GMT

Kent:

I'm not at work, so I don't have access to some catalogs there... but have
you looked at W.M. Berg, PIC, Sterling Drive Components, etc??? I think they
are all located in Connecticut, USA.  hey specialize in very small precision
gears and drive components.  You  will probobly have to bore the I.D.
yourself, as your specs are a little off the nominal inch standards.

Give me a buzz personally if you want more info on the  above.

HTH, Jeff
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Kent Marshall
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 1999 6:03 PM
To: lugnet.robotics.handyboard@lugnet.com
Subject: tiny gears

I'm looking for a very small set of gears.  For example, I need a worm
with a 0.025" diameter bore and another with a 0.040" diameter bore.
Both of these could be as long as 3/8".  The size of the worm gears
doesn't matter too much, although I'd like them to be less than 0.75" in

diameter, preferably 0.5" in diameter.

I realize that these might not be commonplace.  I've looked through
Thomas Register and I've been calling and emailing a lot of folks.  I'm
in hopes that someone on this mailing list has had some call for parts
in this particular scale.  If not, perhaps someone knows of a company in

europe or Asia that I could contact?

    Any insight would be appreciated...

            Kent