 Robotics / Handy Board / 6801
  OVER 1 AMP

Now, I recieved two good answers for my problems. 1) Built an H-Bridge 2) Use the LMD18200 Now has any one any documentation on an easy H bridge that I could build without wasting much time? The same goes for the LMD18200, I understand that is not (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: OVER 1 AMP

(...) www.yahoo.com, search for "H Bridge", trust me, lots of hits will comeup. Look for the 4QD pages, they talk a lot about H Bridge designs. If you aren't comfortable with electronic design, don't bother though... (...) This IS an H Bridge. Its a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: OVER 1 AMP

Dear Paul, I have an H-bridge that I designed to run big motors. It runs at two amps continuous, and three amps intermittantly. It uses 5 volts for logic from your Handyboard, and 12 volts from a gel cell to run the motors. It also has an analog (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  OptoIsolators

Regarding the serial port isolator (opto-isolators are good for this) you might see if www.blackbox.com has something along those lines. You could also look up parts similar to the 4N33 to see if you could use something like that in a design. Not (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  No objection

Gary Livick wrote: <snip> (...) I don't mind that sort of solicitation. I think it's great that you're helping the Handy Board community by developing HB robotics accessories. I might end up being a customer when you get it up & running. Good luck (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)