 Robotics / Handy Board / 651
650  |  652
Subject:
IR transmission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 08:03:42 GMT

Well, in my quest for new and neat things to add to my robot, I've
decided to start exploring IR transmission.  I downloaded the REC80
routines, and have figured out that one of my TV/VCR/cable box remotes is
compatable for the TV and VCR.  It gives me codes like $4703 and such.
However, when I try to send $4703 with the rec80-tx routines, nothing
happens.  I have an IR led connected to the HB's IR port, through something
like a 300 ohm resistor.  I believe the diode is actually transmitting,
though I'm still messing with it, and don't have one of those spiffy IR
cards.  Also, I'm not sure whether my HB is transmitting on 40khz, right now
I haven't put in the right resistor I got for it, instead it has a
non-precision resistor with a value close to what it's supposed to be.  (I
forget what it was, it's been a while.  :-)  Anyways, I'm trying to figure
out whether I'm sending valid codes or not.  Can I merely take thgat $4703
number that rec80-ir gives me, and then transmit it again?  Or do I have to
do something else to it?  So many things that could be wrong here...
Sheesh!