 Robotics / Handy Board / 6485
  HB Serial line speed change

Hi! Is it possible to change the speed of the serial line to 19200? I need to communicate with a device which has a fix 19200 setting! Martin Martin Frischherz frisch@kapsch.net (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 19200 serial link / IC site

(...) Whoa! Somebody slap me if I'm wrong, but I thought the HB was incapable of using speeds far above 9600. If it's not, then I've been wasting time. The only thing I could think of doing is building a data buffer, but it seems like that would (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HB Serial line speed change

(...) You can communicate at higher baud rates (19200 or 38400) on an 8MHz 68HC11 if you disable SCI and use software "bit-bashing" routines. I have enclosed examples of such routines in sw_baud.s11 file. Setting the BIT_TIME to 52 or 104 allows you (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HB Serial line speed change

(...) Note that this will also require that you disable interrupts, and that will mess up your motors. However, it should be possible. --Chuck (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)