 Robotics / Handy Board / 6393
Re: My sonar doesn't work!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 19:47:17 GMT

Did you install a .1uF capacitor at C7 on the sonar boards?  The 6500
doesn't work without that capacitor.

Ross M. Tonkens, M.D.
Medical Director
Primary Care of Nevada
100 North Green Valley Parkway
Suite 240
Henderson, NV 89014

702 914-7120  VOICE
702 914-7129  FAX

KwangJu, Lee KwangJu, Lee

I'm dealing with 2 sonar 6500 module. Accidently, I found the diodes,
connected V+ of sonar

module as depicted in "Sonar Drivers for th Handy Board" document, became
very hot.

Suprised, I turn off the HB power. After, HB doesn't work. So I must
download PCODE.

Now, HB works well. But sonar, doesn't work. Function sonar_sample( ) and
sonar_closeup()

always return -1. I've met the same problem before, that time I replaced
the diodes and it works

again, although I didn't think diodes have had the problem.

This time also I replaced the diodes with another ones, but it doesn't
work.

How can I make it work again?

Pls somebody help me. Thanks in advance.

Ross Tonkens