 Robotics / Handy Board / 6392
Re: digital in's and out's?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:07:40 GMT

Dear Steve,

Nobody wants to hear this said, and I hate to be the one to do it, but
you can start by reading the data available on the Handy Board web site
(quick duck to avoid thrown volt meter).  Fred has done what you want to
do (memory-mapped I/O), so you can study his circuit and see how he did
it.  Look at the motor-driver circuit for example, where he uses hex
address $7000.

Also, look at "The Robot Builder's Guide, Appendix B" under the DOCS
button on the Handy Board site for an explanation of how memory mapped
I/O is implemented on the HC11.

You can get all you need from the Handy Board site with a bit of study,
but if you still have questions, email me privately and I'll work with
you.

Gary Livick
http://www.lightwaverobotics.com

Steve Wall wrote:

Hi, I want to construct my own expansion board with as many digital
in's and o literature ordering center uts as possible!!
I know this can be done but I don't know where to start. I am asking
the seasoned 'botters for some help.

Thank you in advance for any help you might give.

Steve Wall
Sir Sandford Fleming college
Swall@flemingc.on.ca

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii