 Robotics / Handy Board / 6320
6319  |  6321
Subject:
DINSMORE 1490 COMPASS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:47:52 GMT

Hello all,

If I may trouble one (or two) of you electronics gurus out there...

I have a Dinsmore 1490 compass. It has twelve leads for a total of 4
sensors. I am hoping that I can at least get a rough eight point heading
from this thing. I would like to get an analog reading out of it so that I
don't have to use four digital (or analog) inputs. I would think a voltage
divider would work, but I am somewhat inexperienced in designing my own
circuits from scratch.

Has anyone out there successfully implemented one of these little gadgets
to one analog input? If so, if you would be kind enough to e-mail me a
sketch of your circuit with the resistor values, etc. I would be very
pleased, indeed. I am using Windows, so generally any compatable file type
is ok, and I also have a late version of Auto-CAD.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Bob Kelly