 Robotics / Handy Board / 6319
6318  |  6320
Subject:
Sharp GP1U58 Hack without modifing my board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 06:58:27 GMT

I have two questions.  I hope someone can help.

First:
Is there a way to use a Sharp GP1U58 hacked to give analog values WITHOUT
cutting the trace to the resistor pack on the analog inputs?  Perhaps
using an OP AMP.  Also would removing the resistor pack completely, effect
the operation of the board.

Second:
I have a handyboard that doesn't function properly.  I can load IC on to
it but none of testdigitals, testmotors, or testanalogs work.  I have
removed
all the chips and put them in a board that works.  So I have ruled out
the chips themselves.  Also when completeing the tests pin 9 on U5 is
always high.  This board was working and them it stopped.  I believe it
may have suffered a short circuit.

Sol Lancashire
Victoira, Canada