 Robotics / Handy Board / 631
630  |  632
Subject:
my bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 22:49:19 GMT

At 12:02 PM 8/5/96 -0600, you wrote:

somebody asked me what mods i did to my Cat d-10 tractor. here's what i did.
if anyone else is using the D-10, which seems to be a popular platform,
please post your mods and it could be a learning experience for all....     :)

I can't help you with the electronics, but posting your mods
to the D10 chassis might be in order....

sure, here goes....
i got the d10 for 35 buck (on sale!) got home drove it around my room with
it's little wire remote, pushing things, scaring animals, etc (all for
science, of course). i ripped off the little cab but left the silver
platform glued in place for mounting gear on. i left the little engine and
front end on just for kicks, but i'll proboably rip it off later. i also
ripped off the little trencher thing. i soldered some caps on the 2 drive
motors so my HB wouldn't reboot. i couldn't solder the bucket motor (that
things hard to reach!).
not many mods yet. but i haven't spent much time on it neither. here's what
i _want_ to do:

servo mounted Poloaroid Sonor (which should've been here today)on the front end
4 Hamatsu IR's-one to a corner, low mounted to pick up things the sonar'd miss.
2 hair-trigger micros switches on the bucket so the bot can tell when it's
load
    is trying to get away.
caps on the bucket motor :-)
and then light sensors, mic's, IR detector, all the fun stuff.

here's what i really want to do ($$$)

another handyboard.
rear mounted Sonar. then it could triangulate with the one up front for
double      accuracy.
160X160 BW single chip camera.
another handyboard.
video digitizer.

ummmm i guess that's it.... i'll email you once i get it all installed (by
then you'll be able to get it at toy's r us)     grin

JM