 Robotics / Handy Board / 6285
6284  |  6286
Subject:
HandyBoard Assembly Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 21:04:56 GMT

Hi all,
    I'm at stage 4.2.1 of assembling my Handyboard(v1.2) Where you install
U12, the DS1233   3-pin ic. And it doesn't work, I've worked through the
debugging stage, Led11R IS in the right way round, and I've tried U12 both
ways. What happens is this; when power is applied LED15Y comes on, and stays
on, but the red battery low light doesn't light, not even for  1/3 of a
second. I can however make it light by shorting the top and middle pins of
U12.
    Every thing up to this stage has worked fine, and I believe that all the
other components are inserted correctly. Is U12 defective? Or is there
another solution?, is the board defective?   Has anyone else had a similar
problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Matt Austin
Falinn@Ukmax.com
Home Page: Http://www.Geocities.Com/Area51/Stargate/4133