 Robotics / Handy Board / 6286
Re: HandyBoard Assembly Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 00:45:31 GMT

Matt:
It sounds like maybe you have a DS1233M instead of a DS12323.  The
"M" part is a replacement for the MC34064 and has a different pinout
than the regular DS1233.  I have both versions, DS1233 for the Handy
Board and DS1233M for the Finger Board.  I cannot tell them apart by
their markings!  Only with an ohmmeter.  They both look like diodes
between pin-1 and pin-3; on the DS1233 pin-3 looks like the cathode,
on the DS1233M pin-1 looks like the cathode.   Does that make sense?
On the HandyBoard part; low resistance (1K5) from pin-3 to pin-1,
and open from pin-1 to pin-3.
     http://www.dalsemi.com/DocControl/index.html

Hope this helps,
- - - Nick - - -

Matt Austin wrote:

Hi all,
    I'm at stage 4.2.1 of assembling my Handyboard(v1.2) Where you install
U12, the DS1233   3-pin ic. And it doesn't work, I've worked through the
debugging stage, Led11R IS in the right way round, and I've tried U12 both
ways. What happens is this; when power is applied LED15Y comes on, and stays
on, but the red battery low light doesn't light, not even for  1/3 of a
second. I can however make it light by shorting the top and middle pins of
U12.
    Every thing up to this stage has worked fine, and I believe that all the
other components are inserted correctly. Is U12 defective? Or is there
another solution?, is the board defective?   Has anyone else had a similar
problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Matt Austin
Falinn@Ukmax.com
Home Page: Http://www.Geocities.Com/Area51/Stargate/4133