 Robotics / Handy Board / 6242
  Interactive C

Hello list, Beyond the handyboard I have little need for C and I'm not very good at it. Is there any one book that would be of particular value for this case? That is all I want to do is learn enough to program the handyboard. I bought several books (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Interactive C

Dear Bob, I have been using IC for a couple of years, with no prior experience in C. IC is a very small subset of C, as I've learned by studying ANSI C in the last few weeks. The full bore language is a challenge to learn, although you can do it on (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Interactive C

I agree with Gary Livick, the best way to learn is by doing. My first program on the handyboard just displayed a message on the screen. My second program was to plug a couple of different resistors into the analog ports and print out the different (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Interactive C

Dear Robert, There is a file icmain.pdf which gives detailed information about IC. It should be available at the MIT site. Also html pages at the MIT sites should be containing the same information. The data given is specific to IC only and not to (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: digital in's and out's?

Dear Steve, Nobody wants to hear this said, and I hate to be the one to do it, but you can start by reading the data available on the Handy Board web site (quick duck to avoid thrown volt meter). Fred has done what you want to do (memory-mapped (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  digital in's and out's?

Hi, I want to construct my own expansion board with as many digital in's and outs as possible!! I know this can be done but I don't know where to start. I am asking the seasoned 'botters for some help. Thank you in advance for any help you might (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)