 Robotics / Handy Board / 624
Re: Memory/Sampling Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 20:45:36 GMT

I was wondering if there is a simple way to get more
RAM on the HandyBoard...like an addition 32K? or maybe 128K?

not easily.  half of the lower 32k of the 6811 address space is
consumed by the '138 circuit to generate 4 digital input and 4 digital
output areas.

it would be possible to have some kind of data memory area making use
of the signals on the exp bus.  you could write an address out using
the Y signal selects, get that latched by some ckt, then write the
data.  it wouldn't be pretty, and you certainly couldn't run programs
out of this memory, b/c you'd have a multi-step sequence for reading
or writing a byte.

serial memory is another option.  same limitations as above.

Other question is about the sampling rate of the digital ports
on the handyboard...
I am getting about 335 samples per second on the digital port..
Does that sound right?

sounds a little slow.  why don't you post your whole pgm for capturing
the data.

-f