 Robotics / Handy Board / 6178
Re: Dumb math question related to Navigation and encoders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 17:29:16 GMT

Dear Bob,
Trigonometric library functions are available in interactive C.

How do you compute, using Handyboard Interactive C, the Sin, Cos, Tan,
Arctan, etc. ? Is there some sort of built in math library file that I can
use or is it some sort of formula?

The following functions are available(Refer to IC manual available at the
MIT site)

float sin(float angle)
returns sine of an angle given in radians.

float cos(float angle)
returns cosine of angle given in radians.

float tan(float angle)
returns tangent of angle specified in radians.

float atan(float tangent)
returns arc tangent (inverse tangent).
Result is in radians.

For asin,acos, use Taylor's series to make your own function. There was
some discussion on the hb mailing list about this one or two months back.
Refer to old emails.
Yours sincerely,
     Nitin