 Robotics / Handy Board / 6110
6109  |  6111
Subject:
I hope someone can help me...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:28:53 GMT

I am planning on getting some LMD18200 motor driver chips from National
Semiconductor and I found some info about which pins go to what by doing a
search in the H-Board archive. Great resource by the way. It expalains how
to take  one of the standard motor drivers out of the board and replace it
with .1" headers and run wires to an offboard 18200 chip. This is fine. The
info that I found only gave instructions for pin-outs for running one chip.
I would like to run two and still have one of the standard motor drivers in
place. There are two "enable pins" (pin 1 and pin 9) on the std h-board
chip. These pins, at least pin 1, seems to coorespond to the direction
signal input, of which there is only one, on the LMD18200. Does this mean I
can connect two LMB18200s two one standard h-b socket? If so, does it
matter which PWM input and output pins on the HB should be connected to a
second LMD18200?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry about the format I'm using, I am at work and we are using Lotus Notes
for e-mail. I can't figure out how to set it to text only and nobody can
help me here.