 Robotics / Handy Board / 6076
Re: Sonar and Compass
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 18:14:29 GMT

Now, with the expansion board, I can do the same and have both sensors
work, but the wiring is messy and I can't take advantage of the
Polaroid header on the expansion board, not to mention I'm out 2 motor
driver ports.  Has anyone tried to interface both sensors on the expansion
board through a different method?  Perhaps some way of using the SPI port
for both sensors?

I have started working on an expansion board version of the compass
code. I won't have it done before fall probably (unless is snows or
something really bad). I am involved in another huge project right
now.

My thoughts are to have the compass in slave mode again, then do a
manual clocking of the data in. I would connect more of the compass
pins to the expansion board pins (reset, calibrate, etc).

If anyone thinks of a better way to do this, go for it.