 Robotics / Handy Board / 6072
6071  |  6073
Subject:
Sonar and Compass
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:52:51 GMT

Hi everybody!
I've been running both the Polaroid sonar sensor and Vector 2x digital
compass on the HB without the expansion board.  I'm using Kent
Farnsworth's older sonar driver code that is designed for the motor driver
output ports (U11).  The digital compass is connected to the SPI port
using Tom Brusehaver's code. (Great work guys!)

Now, with the expansion board, I can do the same and have both sensors
work, but the wiring is messy and I can't take advantage of the
Polaroid header on the expansion board, not to mention I'm out 2 motor
driver ports.  Has anyone tried to interface both sensors on the expansion
board through a different method?  Perhaps some way of using the SPI port
for both sensors?

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
--kam
BTW, this list is great!
Kam Leang  University of Utah
Department of Mechanical Engineering MEB Room 2202
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
http://www.mech.utah.edu/~kleang